The Spring Valley Elementary School PTA is a branch of the National PTA, which was created in 1987 and is the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation. The PTA reminds our country of its obligations to children and provides parents and families with a powerful voice to speak on behalf of every child.
The mission of the Spring Valley Elementary School PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families by representing our members, to provide funds to support 21st century teaching, and to create community and encourage involvement through PTA sponsored social activities.
- We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential;
- We believe parents are children’s first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child’s educational experience;
- We believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children, and we recognize that “the family” may be defined in many ways;
- We believe our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education for each child.
The PTA goal for 2018 - 2019 is $45,000 in sponsorship and $10,000 in corporate matching. We appreciate the support and generous donations we have received from our community, and we hope to continue to raise these funds through our annual membership and pledge drive. The PTA is focused on providing the following:
Enrichment activities for our students
- Art in Action (monthly art program for each classroom along with art supplies)
- Field trips and assemblies
- School supplies to purchase general supplies for the classroom and school
- Technology equipment - SMART board maintenance, Chromebooks in the classroom, technology lab computers, iPads
- After School enrichment drama program - Spring Valley Glee, Let's Do A Play, Spring Musical
- Physical Education equipment
- Leap Program
Our goal is to provide a positive learning community for our children both in school and out of school. We look forward to bringing families together and supporting our school and each other while having fun.
Our activities include:
- Fall fiesta
- Brown bag lunch
- Bingo night
- Movie night
- Muffin morning
- Heritage day dinner
- Field day
- Family baseball
- Pumpkin show
- Variety show
- Afterschool drama - Glee, Let's Do a Play and Spring musical